Sunday, February 15, 2009

the fool continues.... and more

While letting "the fool"(below) simmer away, I started on another painting last week. I intended to stay completely abstract, but a figure insisted on emerging, or at least I allowed it to come out. Mainly playing with liquid acrylic turquosie (pthalo), transparent red oxide and prussian blue. Needs a lot more time and may develop into something totally different. Who knows?
The image at the bottom is day 1 , with day 2 and 3 above. The top image is where it is at today.
mixed media. liquid and open acrylic, charcoal on canvas

































































I continue to make changes to this painting... still working....needed to stop and let it be for some time. I painted this on a gessoed canvas that I took off the stretchers.... now I need to mount it or restretch it. I should have done it before I started painting on it, but I didn't so I shall see how this all works out. Maybe I will work on that today.
I thought it was my batteries that were dead on my camera, but found out it was the actual camera that was no longer working. I purchased a new camera and am trying it out now. Of course, I need to upgrade my operating system in order to run the software. Argghh. I will need help with that. Using another computer to download from the camera right now, so I can decide if I like the camera or not. The image looks really light on my monitor even though I tweaked it a bit in photoshop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth, You are an amazing artist. I love your use of color. I'm inspired!!!!