Sunday, July 6, 2008

red sticks, in process

I am finally getting some new images loaded. Last weekend I participated in the Boston Mills Artfest in Peninsula, Ohio. I love doing that show. It was hot and a bit rainy. I talked to a lot of people. It is so good to get work out and to hear what people say about it. I am solitary in my home studio without a lot of input. Since I have gotten home I have been spending a lot of time trying to get my gardens in order after a rainy week, it is great to have so much rain after last year's drought. The garden is lush.. the first tomato maybe today.
anyway enough rambling....
I started this painting on top of another that I didn't like yesterday. I put the figure in and am now playing with the plant thing in the background. I never throw bad paintings away. I like to paint on top of them. I don't work well with a white surface, nearly always at least tone it first, but a bad painting is the most fun to paint over in my opinion.
Anyway big list today, digging up beds, sanding and a bit of cradle construction for the back of my boards....then I can go into the studio and paint more or do something fun like some more cyanotypes... well no I would like to finish the two paintings I am working on for my show next week at Cain Park in Cleveland Heights.... then I am on vacation or sort of.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

The guy is totally just, and there is no skepticism.
English Saddle | centerpieces ideas | London hotel